There are several ways of making things glow using the Image Editor. Here are a couple:
- I started with a completely black image and used the Text tool to draw white text for the glow.
- To make the glow bigger than the text, I then used the Erode filter to enlarge the white area.
- Next, I coloured the glow yellow using the Paint Bucket tool and blurred it with the Gaussian Blur filter.
- Finally I used the Text tool again to paint the black text.
This one is simply orange text painted on a black background, blurred, and made brighter with the Ajdust RGB filter.
To set it on fire, I just used the Distort/Marble filter.
Here's another way:
- I started with a completely black image and used the Text tool to draw green text in a "Pixel" font
- I used the Gaussian Blur filter to blur the text
- To make the centre brighter, I then used the Unsharp Mask filter.
Yet another way:
- I started with a completely black image and used the Oval tool to draw an orange oval.
- I then used the Gaussian Blur filter to blur the oval.
- Next, I created the black text with the Text tool
- Finally I used the Shadow filter to make the darker glow around the text